Bagaimana tips memperpanjang usia pakai baterai laptop Toshiba?
1. Paling tidak sekali dalam sebulan operasikan laptop dengan sumber daya dari baterai sampai baterai hampir habis. Ini artinya penggunaan sehari-harinya tetap memakai baterai, hanya saja tidak dibiarkan sampai nyaris habis.
2. Kalau laptop tidak akan dipakai dalam jangka waktu yang lama, lepaskan baterai dari laptop. Tapi jangan disimpan dalam keadaan baterai habis, artinya dicas dulu supaya terisi paling tidak setengahnya.
3. Baterail LI-ion tidak bermasalah apabila tetap dicas meskipun sudah penuh 100%, tidak juga mempengaruhi umurnya.
4. Baterai sudah memiliki umur penggunaan tersendiri, walaupun umur tsb juga bergantung dengan cara penggunaan daya dan pemakaian laptop kesehariannya.
5. Tidak memakai baterai pada laptop itu seperti tidak memakai UPS pada desktop. Kalau kita masih perlu menyediakan dana lebih untuk membeli UPS, kenapa kita tidak pakai baterai yang sudah jadi bawaannya laptop? Apalagi seperti di kantor saya sekarang sering mati lampu. Sayang sekali kalau datanya hilang.
Ref : Manual Satellite L745 Toshiba
To maximize the life of your battery packs:
# At least once a month, disconnect the computer from a power source
and operate it on battery power until the battery pack fully discharges.
Before doing so, follow the steps as detailed below.
1. Turn off the computer’s power.
2. Disconnect the AC adaptor and turn on the computer’s power – if it
does not turn on then go to Step 4.
3. Operate the computer on battery power for five minutes. If you find
that the battery pack has at least five minutes of operating time,
continue operating until the battery pack is fully discharged,
however, if the Battery indicator flashes or there is some other
warning to indicate a low battery condition, go to Step 4.
4. Connect the AC adaptor to the DC IN 19V jack of the computer, and
to a wall outlet that is supplying power. The DC IN indicator should
glow white, and the Battery indicator should glow amber to indicate
that the battery pack is being charged, however, in the event that
DC IN indicator does not glow this indicates that power is not being
supplied – check the connections for the AC adaptor and the power
5. Charge the battery pack until the Battery indicator glows white.
# If you have extra battery packs, rotate their use.
# If you will not be using the system for an extended period, for example
for more than one month, remove the battery pack from the computer.
# Store spare battery packs in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight.
Most laptops today use lithium Ion (Li-ion) batteries. Overcharging Li-ion batteries is not a problem and does not affect the battery life span. These batteries can be charged 300 to 500 times, and they have an internal circuit to stop the charging process at full charge. The control system prevents overcharging, which can cause the lithium ion battery to overheat and potentially burn. This is why the Li-ion batteries are more expensive. The only way for the Li-ion battery to overcharge is if the charging system malfunctions, and then the battery will heat up while in the charger. If you don’t plan to use your laptop for long period of time, you can extend the life of your lithium ion laptop battery by storing it with a 50 percent charge. A fully discharged battery left for a long period of time will lose its charging capacity. Fully charged batteries discharge when they are left unused, and will lose effectiveness. This is why it is recommended to discharge a Li-ion battery until it is almost out before shutting down. Running a Li-ion battery down completely will diminish capacity. Keep the battery in a cool place and do not store your computer for a long period of time while it is fully charged.
1. A new battery usually comes in a discharged condition and with a very low capacity. It is generally recommended to fully charge new battery packs before use. Refer to the users?guide of your electronic device for charging instructions.
2. A new battery pack needs to be circled (fully discharged and recharged) three to five times to reach its optimum performance.
3. Rechargeable battery will undergo self-discharging when left unused for a long period of time. Thus, it should always be stored in a fully charged state and kept in a cool, dry and clean place.
4. To maintain the optimum performance of a battery pack, it is highly recommended to circle (fully discharging and recharging) it at least once a month.
5. It is normal if a new battery gets warm when being charged or used. However, close attention should be paid if the battery pack becomes excessively hot. This may indicate there is a problem with the charging circuit of the electronic device. So, it is necessary to have it checked by a qualified technician.
6. New batteries are hard to be charged. Sometimes, your electronic device may indicate a fully charged condition about 10 to 15 minutes when the new battery pack is being charged for the first time. When this happens, remove the battery pack and let it cool down for about 10 to 15 minutes then repeat the charging procedure. Sometimes, a new battery will suddenly refuse to be charged. If this happens, it is then suggested to remove the battery from the device and reinsert it.
3. Baca-baca juga di http://www.computeruser.com/articles/tips-for-keeping-new-toshiba-laptop-battery-in-good-health.html
4. Lihat juga di http://www.freshbattery.com di menu “About Batteries”